Practice the following questions in practice notebook.
Unitary method :
- 45 cows can graze a field in 12 days. How many cows will graze the same field in 9 days?
- If 42 men can dig a trench in 14 days, then 1 man dig it in ______days.
- At a particular time of a day , a 7 m high flagstaff casts a shadow which is 8.2 m long. What is the height of a building which casts a shadow 20.5 metres in length at the same moment?
- A worker is paid Rs. 1110 for 6 days. If his total wages during a month are Rs. 4625, for how many days did he work?
- The extension in an elastic string varies directly as the weight hung on it. If a weight of 150 g produces an extension of 2.8 cm, what weight would produce an extension of 19.6 cm?
- In which subject did Rajeev obtain the highest percentage?
Maths: 325 out of 500, English : 240 out of 400, Geography : 84 out of 150, Science : 132 out of 200.
- In a certain year, the population of India was about 98 crore. If it increases by 2% , what will be its population after one year?
- Sonal went to school for 219 days in a full year. If her attendance is 75%, find the number of days on which the the school was open.
- 3% commission on the sale of a property amounts to Rs.42660. What is the total value of the property?
- The strength of a school is 2000. If 40 % of the students are girls then how many boys are there in the school?