Object between F and P means that the object is very near to the mirror.
Write the answers in NB.
- How can you distinguish between plane mirror, a concave mirror and a convex mirror without touching it? (Write characteristic of each mirror.hint: based on virtual/real, erect/inverted, magnified/diminished/same size images)
- Which kind of lens can form (a) an inverted image smaller than the object (b) an erect image smaller than the object.
- Differentiate between : (a) magnified and diminished image (b) Real and virtual image (c) Concave and convex mirror
- Explain lateral inversion with an example.
- What is a lens? Explain the two types of lenses.
For Convex lens:
Position of object at infinity: Real and inverted image, Highly diminished and point size image. Opposite to the side of the object.
As the distance between the object and lens is decreased : Real and inverted image, Gradually the size of the image is increasing. Opposite to the side of the object.
Position of object is very close to the lens: Virtual and erect image, magnified. Same side of object
For Concave lens:
Irrespective of the position of the object: image is virtual, erect and small in size. Same side of object